2015年11月10日星期二

My Dream Destination- Japan



My Dream Destination - Japan 

Travelling is my favorite thing to do. I love to go to different places to feel different cultures. Someone said "If you travel the whole world some day, you will fully understand the globe on which we live." I made a plan that I will go out twice a year to experience lives in different places, whether the destination is far away or near.

I love watching tv show which introducing different kinds of food, especially Japanese cuisine. It is always my dream to feast myself with fine food and beauty of the landscape in Japan. I decided to go to Japan during August this summer with my best friend Cristy.

Tokyo 

Our first stop is Tokyo, which is both the capital and largest city of Japan. It is said to be the most populous metropolitan area in the world.
A round trip flight From Toronto, Canada to Tokyo and from Kyoto to Toronto, Japan is around $1,200.
We would book the Hotel MyStays Hamamatsucho for two days ($250) when
we staying in Tokyo. It takes 18 minutes drive from Haneda Airport, and only 500 meters to Hamamatsucho Monorail Station, where I can take Keihin Tohoku Line to Sensō-ji Station (240 yen), which takes 30 minutes. Sensō-ji is an ancient Buddhist temple located in Asakusa, Tokyo, and it is also Tokyo’s oldest temple.





In Japanese, there are two words, 「立ち食い屋(たちぐいや ta chi gu i ya)」, 「立ち飲み屋(たちのみや ta chi no mi ya)」, which means “standing eating shop”.  Whenever I am tired of walking, I can always find these eating shops to treat myself. Here is my list of four favorite street foods that can be found near Sensō-ji.


说明: Macintosh HD:private:var:folders:j2:0p90mp7d2bn3yqmk_sxmt14w0000gn:T:TemporaryItems:Nakamise1411.jpg
This is 人形焼(にんぎょやき), a doll cake in various shapes, which is filled with red bean paste.


This is dorayaki,ドラ焼き(ドラやき do ra ya ki), a type of Japanese confection which consists of two small pancake-like patties made from castella wrapped around a filling of sweet Azuki red bean paste.



This is oden (おでん), a Japanese winter dish consisting of several ingredients such as boiled eggs, daikon, knojac, and processed fishcakes stewed in a light, soy-flavored dashi broth.



Last but not least, this is called takoyaki (たこ焼き
). A ball-shaped Japanese snack made of a wheat flour-based batter and cooked in a special takoyaki pan, which is typically filled with minced or diced octopus, tempura scraps, pickled ginger, and green onion.



After visiting the Sensō-ji, there is a place in Tokyo that I have to go. It is the statue of Hachiko. Walk about 600 meters from Senso-ji to Asakusa Station, and then take Ginza Line towards Shibuya to Shibuya Station (240 yen). The statue of Hachiko is on the north exit of Shibuya Station. Why is this statue so important? It is because Hachiko (1923/11/10 – 1935/3/8) was an Akita dog born who is remembered for his remarkable loyalty to his owner that continued for many years after his owner’s death. There is even a movie called Hachi: A Dog’s Tale, which is exactly based on this true story. In 1924, a professor took Hachiko as a pet. During his owner’s life, Hachiko greeted him at the end of each day at the nearby Shibuya Station. This continued as their daily routine until May 1925, when his owner did not return. His owner had suffered a cerebral hemorrhage and died. From then on, Hachiko awaited his owner’s return for nine years, nine months and fifteen days. At that time, people who knew this story would bring Hachiko treats and food to nourish him during his wait.


   


Mount Fuji 

 After spending the rest of the day on shopping, I plan to rent a car and drive to Mt Fuji (2h 30min, 5,000 yen for one day), a must see landscape in one’s life. 


Mount Fuji is the highest mountain in Japan at 3,776.24 m. Mount Fuji is one of Japan’s “Three Holy Mountains” along with Mount Tate and Mount Haku. It was added to the World Heritage List as a Cultural Site on June 22, 2013.
Please spend 3 minutes to enjoy the great time-lapse video of Mount Fuji.


Next day, after I check out the hotel, I will on my way to Kyoto.  From Daimon Station in Tokyo, I will take Asakusa Line towards Haneda-Airport Domestic Terminal to Shinagawa Station, then I will take Tokaido-Sanyo Shinkansen Nozomi 129 towards Hiroshima to Kyoto Station (more than 2 hours), and then I will take bus No. 5 for 15 minutes to the hotel (Total cost 1,420 yen). I will be live in Kyoto Izutsu Hotel ($380 for two nights), which has the best location with great customers reviews. It only takes 5 minutes’ walk to Sanjo Subway Station, and 25 minutes’ drive to Kiyomizu-dera Temple where is the place I will be visiting.
Kiyomizu-dera is an independent Buddhist temple in eastern Kyoto. The temple is part of the Historic Monuments of Ancient Kyoto and one of the UNESCO World Heritage site. It only costs 400 yen as entrance ticket.




                                             (Women in Kiyomizu-dera)


As a gastronome, there is a place in Kyoto I have to go. It is called Kikunoi (main restaurant), (459 Shimokawara-cho, Yasakatoriimae-sagaru, Shimokawara-dori, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto-shi, Kyoto 605-0825).
As a three–star Michelin restaurantKikunoi is the best kaiseki-ryori restaurant in the world so far. Kaiseki Ryori is the soul of Japanese art of food)
There are some tips of this restaurant. It does not accept personal reservation, does not accept coming alone, and it would be better to book the seat for Kaiseki Ryori two month ahead of time. I believe the dining experience would be perfect and unforgettable. So does the price, the Kaiseki Cuisine dinner for one person is 30,000 yen ($323.4).







Japanese yan



Budget: 

flight :  $1200/person
traffic: $200/person
hotel:   $880
shopping: $200/person
food: $600/person

Japan is a attracting country for me, not only for there foods, but for their unique culture and beautiful scene. Unfortunately, August is not a season foe sakura. Because we only have less than a week, we don't have much time to lean and feel deeper about that nation. But it will not be out only trip to Japan. We call it "the trip for yummy" and I can't wait for this summer!  

my best friend Cristy and me !


没有评论:

发表评论